[deepamehta-users] Please test DM 4.8.4 Pre-Release

Ingo Rau ingo.rau at econauten.de
Mon Nov 14 12:39:01 CET 2016

Hi Jörg,

I did a bit of Interface Testing on the nightly build and found the following aspects, which you might consider for the upcoming release:

1) Deleting Workspace: I created a new workspace (see attached screenshot), added a Topic-Type and created an instance of that Topic Type. I then deleted the workspace. Works fine - technically - but with no additional feedback to the user, that the topics associated with this workspace will be deleted as well. I would a least add a dialog: "The workspace <workspacename> still contains <nummer of topics that would be deleted> Topic Types that will be deleted together with the workspace. Are you sure you want to delete the workspace?" Another option would be to only allow deleting workspaces when they are "empty". It could be cumbersome however to delete all Topic Types manually in advance befor deleting the workspace itself.

2) I tried deleting a workspaces a second time and caused an error message (screenshot attached). Not quite sure what the reason was. Maybe it's because in this case I ran a search on the topic I was just about to delete. After Browser refresh everything went on normally.

3) Rather accidentylly I deleted the view configuration of the Topic Type 'Booktitle' in my example (instead of hiding) it. Maybe deleting this Topic Type should not be possible. (See screenshots attached).

4) Changing the data Type of Properties in existing Composition now works fine. I tried various modifications on the model with instances already existing and could not provoke an error anymore.

Cheers,
Ingo

Dateiname   : dialog_old_value_is_restored.png
Dateityp    : image/png
Dateigr??e  : 261783 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/users-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20161114/3762e6ae/attachment.png>
Dateiname   : error_after_deleting_workspace.png
Dateityp    : image/png
Dateigr??e  : 85474 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/users-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20161114/3762e6ae/attachment-0001.png>
Dateiname   : Trying_to_safe_text_in_Integer_Property.png
Dateityp    : image/png
Dateigr??e  : 86718 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/users-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20161114/3762e6ae/attachment-0002.png>
Dateiname   : view_config_of_booktitle_deleted.png
Dateityp    : image/png
Dateigr??e  : 123608 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/users-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20161114/3762e6ae/attachment-0003.png>
Dateiname   : workspace_to_be_deleted.png
Dateityp    : image/png
Dateigr??e  : 79676 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/users-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20161114/3762e6ae/attachment-0004.png>