[deepamehta-users] Possible improvements on DeepaMehta webinterface

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Sun Dec 4 00:49:34 CET 2016

Hi Ingo,

thank you very much for coming up with these suggestions!

To further operationalize your suggestions I've created tickets from them (resp. point to existing tickets). And I did some prioritization, and a rough roadmap.

As the most important major improvements I see these 2:

	Building composite types should be easier:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1045

	Organize Detail Panel with tabs:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1046

These 2 could be the main features of the 2 next DM major releases (that is 4.9 and 4.10) respectively.

I guess the 1st one (the type builder) would to be realized best, if we redesign the Webclient's general Search and Create features first. For doing that I'm very inspired by a design idea Gerben realized in his Web Memex front-end.

The following 3 I regard as minor features/fixes which could be realized very soon:

	Avoid unwanted child topics to be revealed:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/624

	Search result is displayed twice:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1049

	Add creation date to search topic:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/502

So far for what I see realizable in the near future.

The remaining tasks are either too big for the moment and I would like to postpone them, or they seem of minor importance. (Of course all are important but the aim of this mail is operationalization, right?)

	Add "Smart Searches":
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1047

	3 search scopes: global, workspace, topicmap:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1048

	Multiselect Topics:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/917

	No consistent behaviour when clicking on links:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1050

	Configure background color on a per-topic-type basis:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1051

	Canvas: user definable box width:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1052

	Canvas: optionally render assocs with type name:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1053

	Canvas: visualize associations with arrow endings:
	https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/1054

Ingo, I'm amazed about your thoughtful suggestions and how you documented them in your meticulously crafted topicmaps! I think many DM users will benefit from your suggestions, and I'm keen to see the first part of them realized soon.

Cheers,
Jörg