[deepamehta-users] DeepaMehta 4.1 is coming

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Sa Mär 2 16:48:55 CET 2013

Hi,

The release of DeepaMehta 4.1 was scheduled for Feb 2013. Here I like to announce a little delay: DM 4.1 is about to be released on Mar 11, 2013.

When we started the DM4 line of development more than 18 months ago it practically meant "back to zero". Now, 15 releases later, after intense development of the core system and application framework, and with experience of real world DM applications, we feel DM4 has now reached the next level of "maturity". This is reflected in the version number 4.1 and comes along with crucial implications for users and developers:

	- for the first time of DM4 we offer a migration path for your content. That is, content you enter in DM4.1 will be ready to be used in future DM4 releases. The disclaimer on the website ("Do not use it in any productive and/or professional environment!") will be eventually abolished.

	- there are a lot user features which are a) rather stable, and b) not documented resp. not known to users. So, DM4.1 provides a good opportunity to start with writing/revising a DM4 user guide. We would appreciate a community contributed user guide very much.

	- for the first time the DM4 application development framework has reached a degree of consolidation so we want encourage 3rd-party developers to start DM development now. We would love to have a variety of community contributed DM modules/plugins/renderers/clients etc.

	- also for developers there is the documentation aspect: DM4.1 is a good opportunity for the DM develpment community to start writing a DM development guide resp. revise the existing ones.

Cheers,
Jörg