[deepamehta-devel] Upcoming DM 4.4: Core API Spring Cleaning

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Fri Sep 26 02:51:04 CEST 2014

On Sep 14, 2014, at 19:37, Jörg Richter wrote:

> The DM 4.4 API is subject to a comprehensive spring cleaning. [...]
> The spring cleaning includes 5 changes [...]

Here I like to make you aware of an additional change:

=> Revised "Composite Value" API wording

When explaining the DM Core API to others it became evident that the class "CompositeValue" and its accompanying "composite" JSON property and "fetch_composite" query parameters are named badly. Now these are renamed in order to make the API more intuitive.

What a "CompositeValue" object actually represents is a **set of child topics**. So, the proper renamings are now globally applied, including:

	1) Class/interface/method names (Java, server-side)
	2) JSON property names (serialization format)
	3) Query parameter names (REST APIs)

The details are described in ticket 702 and its comments:
https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/702

The master branch is now near to release.
DM 4.4 will be released in the next days.

I like to encourage you for 2 things:

-> Adapt your plugins to the renamings. Take care in particular about 2) and 3) as these changes are not recognized by the compiler.

-> Test the current DM 4.4-SNAPSHOT standard distro.

Please let me know when you need any help.

Cheers,
Jörg