[deepamehta-devel] DM 4.4 will come with Pax Web, Jetty 8, OSGi 5

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Tue Sep 16 18:04:34 CEST 2014

Dear developers,

just another update about DM 4.4-SNAPSHOT:

Felix HTTP Jetty is now replaced by OPS4J Pax Web.

We have Pax Web 3.1.2 with a Jetty 8 (that means Servlet API 3.0).

Pax Web is regarded the superior OSGi HTTP service implementation as it provides a lot of configuration options (e.g. listening on a particular network interface). Pax Web is also the standard in the Apache Karaf ecosystem, which means DM interoperability is now improved.

Also we have Felix 4.4 (that means OSGi 5) now.

We're still on JDK 6.

DM with Pax Web can be tested on the "pax-web-3" branch.
This is merged into master soon and will be part of the upcoming DM 4.4 release then.

https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/448
https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/703

Cheers,
Jörg