[deepamehta-devel] updating deepamehta plugins list

carolina carolina at sindominio.net
Thu Sep 4 16:56:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

> here some notes about plugin compatibility.

thanks in advance for clarifying things :)

> Since DeepaMehta 4.2 we use a fixed naming scheme for the plugin
> binary (.jar) files (see https://trac.deepamehta.de/ticket/603).
> So, the jar filename of a plugin which is compatible with DM 4.3.x
> begins with dm43-. When this prefix is not there the plugin is
> possibly not compatible with DM 4.3.x.

ok, clear since version 4.2, I guess that for previous versions
without prefix is going to be difficult to tell if they are
compatible, the most probable thing is that are not, right?

> Also for the DeepaMehta releases we use a strict versioning scheme
> in order to make more transparent to users and developers which
> plugins are compatible with a particular DM release. A plugin which
> is compatible with e.g. DM 4.2 is guaranteed to run at least in all
> DM 4.2.x releases without changes. When a DM release contains
> incompatible API changes that is reflected by an increased minor
> version number, e.g. 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, ...

ok, so for each DM release there should be a plugin update responding
to the correct naming, so that is clear is compatibility.

> About our download server: http://download.deepamehta.de/ This
> directory contains always the latest DM release along with a set
> of plugins which are guaranteed compatible with that release.
> Plugins not appearing there are probably not yet adapted by the
> respective plugin developers.
>
> Generally we encourage all plugin developers to adapt their
> plugins and upload them to that directory always when a new minor
> DM version is released.

Which is the correct way to upload a plugin to that directory?

Thanks for everything

Best