[deepamehta-devel] Freifunk API Query Client with DeepaMehta?

Andreas Bräu ab at andi95.de
Mon Jun 23 23:59:29 CEST 2014

Hello,

my name is Andi and I'm the developer of the so called Freifunk API
(http://blog.freifunk.net/2013/die-neue-freifunk-api-aufruf-zum-mitmachen ). The idea is to allow local Freifunk communities to provide about themselves in a decentral way. It's inspired by the SpaceAPI, where Hackerspaces from all over the world give information like opening hours, addresses and so on.

The data provided by the communities we use in several apps, for example
our community map http://freifunk.net/community-finden/ or a feed
aggregator http://weimarnetz.de/fffeed/feed.php . Other ideas are a
podcast feed, a common calendar or a timeline.

The API is specified as JSON Schema -
https://github.com/freifunk/api.freifunk.net/blob/master/specs/0.3.2.json - so that files can be validated and data accessed easily. There's a directory as the only central part that knows all community API files: https://github.com/freifunk/directory.api.freifunk.net

To access the data of the communities, we have to collect all files and
apply filters as we need. In the past we wrote a small piece of code.
Now we want a generic query client to make app development easier and
help users to analyse community files. Users should be enabled to submit
queries via URL calls and receive results as JSON.
At the Freifunk Wireless Community Weekend we had a talk about the API
and the query client. We also got to know DeepaMehta and Jürgen told us
it would fit perfectly.

Since then we tried to work with DM and understand it. We identified 3
main subjects:
- map our json schema to topic types
- import data from API files
- perform a search via web client

Maybe some of you have ideas how or know best practices on our subjects
and can support us on creating the query client.

There's already a Google Summer of Code project running:
http://blog.freifunk.net/2014/gsoc-freifunk-api-query-client

It was great if we could realize the client with DeepaMehta and benefit
from your experience.

Best Regards

Andi
Dateiname   : smime.p7s
Dateityp    : application/x-pkcs7-signature
Dateigr??e  : 5494 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verf?gbar
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/devel-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20140623/96507ce4/attachment.bin>