[deepamehta-devel] DeepaMehta in Karaf 3

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Sat Jun 21 12:08:15 CEST 2014

Hi Constantin,

sorry for the delay in reacting on your very interesting project. I had
a look at your paper: http://kwarc.info/kohlhase/papers/mkm12-SAlly.pdf
and I find your approach most interesting. I am also very happy that you
chose DeepaMehta to implement your idea.

We know that there are still some obstacles with DeepaMehta in a
standard OSGi environment which we will try to solve in the near future.
We have started to reframe some aspects of the architecture and want to
make it easier for other developers to start working DeepaMehta.

Here it would be very useful to read your suggestions and to learn from
your experiance. Also in your last mail you suggested to run DeepaMehta
inside Maven. What steps would you think would be needed for this? What
are the problems with the existing version?

Last but not least, I would really like to learn more about your work
and your ideas with SAlly. It would be very cool if at some point the
plugins could run in the exitsitng DeepaMehta (karaf) distro. Do you
think that would be possible? If not, we could also include your work in
our CI: https://ci.deepamehta.de/jenkins/ and make it another distro.

Do you see any chance to join one of our developers meetings in Berlin?
The next one will be on Tuesday July 8th, 18:00h at Wikimedia
Fondation.

Thx and greets!

JuergeN