[deepamehta-devel] Arrays in DeepaMehta

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Do Jan 30 22:46:39 CET 2014

You can store Java arrays natively in DM topics and associations. Try the DM Property API. Properties are arbitrary key/value pairs you can get/set for any topic/association. Any topic/association can have an arbitrary number of properties.

DeepaMehtaObject
    Object getProperty(String propUri);
    void setProperty(String propUri, Object propValue, boolean addToIndex);
    boolean hasProperty(String propUri);
    void removeProperty(String propUri);

As key ("propUri") you can specify any string, however, you should namespace your keys in order to avoid clashes with other plugins. The "dm4." namespace is reserved for the standard plugins. As "propValue" you can specify any primitive Java object (plus String) or an *array* of primitive Java objects (plus String). Null values are not allowed.

Furthermore when you set the "addToIndex" flag you can use the Core Service's property-based retrieval methods.

DeepaMehtaService
    List<Topic> getTopicsByProperty(String propUri, Object propValue);
    List<Topic> getTopicsByPropertyRange(String propUri, Number from, Number to);
    List<Association> getAssociationsByProperty(String propUri, Object propValue);
    List<Association> getAssociationsByPropertyRange(String propUri, Number from, Number to);

Range-based retrieval is supported only for numeric property values.

Cheers,
Jörg