[deepamehta-devel] Arrays in DeepaMehta

Jörn Weißenborn joern.weissenborn at gmail.com
Mi Jan 29 20:18:03 CET 2014

Hi,

what is good way of storing an array or better an (arbitrary dimensional)
matrix in Deepamehta?

As a scientist, most of my data consist of such thinks, sometimes with
millions of entries. I think,
the most efficient way to deal with it is storing a given array by
converting it to a binary blob and then feed it to dm by casting it as
string. When I later access it via a client, I need to cast it back (which
implies that an array type topic would also need to hold information about
how to recast, int16 or uint32 or float64).

What do you think about this problem?

Best,

Joern