[deepamehta-devel] Tell us your topic for the next developer meeting in Berlin (until sunday, 3.8)

carolina carolina at sindominio.net
Mon Aug 18 11:01:28 CEST 2014

> Martin here. I'm the GSoC student responsible for the Query
> Client.

Hi Martin :-)))

>>> Martin told me he will be in Berlin and can give a presentation
>>> on our project. But a skype call could be an option, too.
>>
>> ohh if he is in Berlin it would be great that he gave a talk, and
>> in any case if you want to join via Skype, we could set it up so
>> that you are also there :-) .. each of you doing the presentation
>> from a different side of the screen :-P
>>
>> Then, we can add FF presentation to the call for the meeting? Do
>> you have a specific title for the presentation?
>

> Unfortunatly I have to cancel the Freifunk Query talk for tuesday.
> Sorry my late message but after considering my progress or lack
> thereof I'm feeling I'm unable to offer any meaningful input to
> debate at this time.

oh, sorry to hear but will you come anyways to the dev-meeting? It
would be nice to meet you anyways, and put faces to mails :-)

> In a nutshell: Bad planning from my side and personal issues kept
> me from working for the GSoC and at the moment the Query Client
> for Freifunk is largely non-existant.
>
> I want to emphasize that this has nothing to do with Freifunk, my
> patiently advisors or DeepaMehta. I fucked up.

well, sometimes things don't happen as planned, so there will come
better moments, hope its soon :)

> Still it's project for the community and I've spend time with
> DeepaMehta and I like the idea and the concept and I'm convinced
> that it's the right way to solve that problem.

Maybe tomorrow is a good moment, not to show the progress but just
informally with no presentation involved, to explain, so to understand
what are the goals and perhaps if there are some difficulties that can
come through identify them and think them together and/or do sth
hands-on. What do you think?

> Besides failing to deliver on the GSoC terms I promised to
> continue working on the Query Client and to make it usable. Once
> there is reasonable enough code and data for the client in
> DeepaMehta I'll let you know and would like to get feedback -
> unfortunately at the moment this is just not the case.

as said, it could be an opportunity to get to know better the project,
so that in the future, there is a more fluent communication when
questions/doubts appear and this is always easier when meeting
personally :-))))  also is a good excuse to bring community projects
together.

> Sorry for letting you down.

Don't worry, no problem at all, also you've told us in advance,
thanks!! ;)... If we see you tomorrow it will be great, if not
possible I'm sure there will be a next time.

Take care!!

best

- --