[deepamehta-devel] label associations - Re: Release planning - 2 more petitions

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Di Nov 12 19:48:29 CET 2013

Hi Malte et al.,

thanks for your feedback.

> * Expert users like me don't want to clutter their canvas with
> additional AssociationType-Labels (optionally, OK).

ok.

> * We dont' have a way yet for getting Association-Labels right since
> we're not including "Role Types" into the discussion (yet).

I understand what you mean. But this is a bigger issue, right. Then it's
not only the line or arrow we are talking about, but also the two
endpoints. But that's way too much for the next release ...

> * There is a generic "Text" available to set for each Association
> already, why not start with rendering this next to an Association? This
> would leave it up to users to set labels in the canvas on Assocations.

Yes, I can cope and agree with your suggestion. (I think the text field
remains more or less useless unless the text appears somewhere on the
canvas, close to the association, anyway. ;-))

I am not so picky about the question whether the text is aligned with
the association or just horizontally in the center of the association.
We can go any way which is easy and fast to implement for now. I just
see a necessaty that there must be a (any!) way to attach text to an
association.

Cheers,

JuergeN