[deepamehta-devel] a blog post on how to create a plugin and a question

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Fr Dez 27 21:45:38 CET 2013

On Dec 27, 2013, at 20:51, carolina wrote:

> And while repeating the creation of the plugin everything has worked,
> or at least I don't see any error messages, but when running DM and
> accessing through the browser I don't see in the create menu the new
> topic (event).

Have you add your plugin to DM's hot deployment list? Look here:
https://trac.deepamehta.de/wiki/PluginDevelopmentGuide#SetupforHot-Deployment

Once you've done this DM must be restarted. Now, after reloading the browser window, your type should appear in the Create menu.

From now on your plugin is automatically redeployed each time you compile it (mvn clean package).

BTW: to get a list of installed plugins type "lb" (list bundles) in the Gogo shell (running in the terminal where you started DM). Your plugin is supposed to appear there.

> I've written a post explaining the steps of how to create a very simple plugin in DM
>
> http://abriraqui.net/2013/12/27/creating-a-plugin-in-deepamehta-hackership/

That's great!
After a quick view I can say it looks very good! I like the clear language and the considered use of screenshots, ER diagram, and further illustrations. The article might be a good help for new DM developers. And it can grow along with your upcoming development experiences. In case I find any error I'll post a comment there. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Jörg