[deepamehta-devel] Developing Third Party Clients with Access Control Module (4.0.12-SNAPSHOT)

Malte Reißig mre at deepamehta.de
Fr Aug 24 17:27:38 CEST 2012

hello dear developers, dear jri,

i was wondering if one of you could share with us how a third party
client, e.g. the latest "firefox notetaker add-on" or any other
proprietary JavaScript client i just started working on, will be able to
send create/update and delete (writing) requests to the dm4-webservice
module if the dm4-accesscontrol module is installed and active? i am
running into strange issues, in which POSTing new topics does work
without any authentication (introducing new Web Resources with my
firefox plugin does work), but PUTting new values onto a topic (with my
new JS client) is silently ignored (topic with former values is returned
in response).

note: i am developing on a 4.0.12-SNAPSHOT of times prior the
"dm4.security.*-properties were introduced.
(to be more precise, on 2f32c7d1f8b1a2ee7588015fe6fcfc044832d384 from
the 8th of august).

i am in the hope that i can update the firefox extension to meet the
needs of the upcoming 4.0.12 release and i would be thankful for any
explanations or hints regarding this topic to implement the
authentication process for users of my new JS client properly.

cheers!
malte