[deepamehta-devel] License Files

Urs Lerch mail at ulerch.net
Di Jun 24 21:13:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

to be more precise, here some excerpts from the Apache homepage:

  "Votes on code modifications follow a different model. In this scenario,
  a negative vote constitutes a veto, which cannot be overridden. [...]
  Under normal (non-lazy consensus) conditions, the proposal requires three
  positive votes and no negative ones in order to pass; if it fails to
  garner the requisite amount of support, it doesn't -- and typically is
  either withdrawn, modified, or simply allowed to languish as an open
  issue until someone gets around to removing it."

  "A code-modification proposal may be stopped dead in its tracks by a
  -1 vote by a qualified voter. This constitutes a veto, and it cannot
  be overruled nor overridden by anyone. Vetos stand until and unless
  withdrawn by their casters.
  To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they must be
  accompanied by a technical justification showing why the change is bad
  (opens a security exposure, negatively affects performance, etc.). A
  veto without a justification is invalid and has no weight."

See the full text: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Regards,
Urs