[deepamehta-devel] DeepaMehta Foundation is about to come

Urs Lerch mail at ulerch.net
Di Jul 22 23:25:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

just to be precise: Legally, we're talking about a "Verein" and not
about a foundation.

As I'm told, you need 7 members to set up a "Verein", but only 3 to keep
it running. That means, there could be 4 part-time members until the
"Verein" is officially registered.

For the membership fee, that's a thing which has to be defined. For
example, the KDE project knows active members and extraordinary resp.
supporting members. Active members pay no membership fee but "donate"
their work. (For more details see
http://ev.kde.org/corporate/statutes.php.) I think that would be also a
good idea for DeepaMehta.

In my opinion Jörg could be a member, even if he will be paid by the
"Verein". I wouldn't take it as a good idea if he's in the board. But
that's my personal point of view. I'm no lawyer.

Regards,
Urs