[deepamehta-users] some questions about the Deepamehta

Ingo Rau ingo.rau at dmx.berlin
Sat Jun 30 08:31:08 CEST 2018

Hi Liangbing Zhu,

thank you for your interest in Deepamehta. I hope I can answer your questions on modeling. Deepamehta comes with some prebuilt topictypes like person or organisation as you mentioned. You can build something like a "product" in the following way:

Start DM on your local mashine. Login with username = admin  . Leave the password empty. Now choose create from the menu bar and create topic type. A new icon appears on the topicmap. Enter product as the name and set the data type to Composition. Now add the properties of your product like price or number on stock in the same way. They are also topictypes in DM. Their data type however must be text or number. Now draw an association from product to price. Click and hold with the mousepointer, starting at product and dropping above price. A new association appears as line drawn between the two topic types. In the DM properties panel now set this association to Composition Definition. Below set Parent Type for the product and Child Type for the price. Click OK to save. This way you add more and more properties to your product. Please note that DM differentiates between Compositions and Aggregations. In a composition the property can only exist together with its parent type. In an aggregation the property exists for itself. If you model for example the color of a product then the colors red, blue, yellow and so forth would be connected to the product via an aggregation definition. You could then model something else like cars and use the colors again. In the properties panel they appear as dropdowns instead of input fields. To start with just use composition.

After your are done with modeling your composition it will appear in the create menu. Just choose product from the list to create a new product instance on your topic map. The properties you modeled are now input or dropdownfields in the property panel.

Hope I could answer your question. We get back to you to answer the database related questions.
Cheers,

Ingo Rau
ingo.rau at dmx.systems