[deepamehta-devel] changing label config of existing topic type

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Tue Jan 17 14:36:31 CET 2017

Hi Robert,

> On 17 Jan 2017, at 13:53, Robert Schuster <robert.schuster.rs01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The reason for the NSM-Exception is that in DM 4.8.4
> the setLabelConfig() method has a return value while in 4.8.3 it does
> not.

Yes. It is documented in the 4.8.4 Release Notes:

> Plugin Development Framework:
>
> 	• Core API: The TypeModel's setLabelConfig() method returns the TypeModel itself in order to support method chaining (#941).

Good you found out :-)

> However no matter how hard I tried it will always fail with a
> NullPointerException:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Updating label configuration of
> type "fi.aalto.gamechangers.proposal" failed
>    [...]
>    at
> de.deepamehta.core.impl.TypeStorage.updateLabelConfig(TypeStorage.java:733)

TypeStorage line 733 is this:

	pl.storeTopicValue(includeInLabel.getId(), new SimpleValue(value))

My first guess here is that includeInLabel (a TypeModel) is null. This would be the case if  an assoc def misses its "Include in Label" Child Topic (a DB inconsistency).

Could you try this: in the Webclient click the assoc def (an Association) and check in the detail panel if there is a "Include in Label" topic associated (via Composition).

Note: the "Include in Label" topics are not associated to a child type, but to the assoc def which connects that child type.

Cheers,
Jörg

Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 496 bytes
Beschreibung: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
URL         : <http://lists.deepamehta.de/pipermail/devel-lists.deepamehta.de/attachments/20170117/85ae9b4f/attachment.sig>