[deepamehta-devel] How do I find a Topic's Associations

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Thu Jan 7 16:53:28 CET 2016

On Jan 7, 2016, at 15:11, Juergen Neumann wrote:

> How do I find out about a topics (composite) label?

A topic's label is accessible through its "value" property. This applies to both, simple and composite topics.

Example of a Person topic:

	{
	  "id": 4835,
	  "uri": "",
	  "type_uri": "dm4.contacts.person",
	  "value": "Karl Albrecht",
	  "childs": {...}
	}

The label of a *composite* topic is calculated according to this rule:
	- the labels of those child topics are concatenated (with a space as separator) whose "Include in label" flags are set in the type definition.
	- if "Include in label" is not set for any child topic the label of the *first* child topic is taken (according to the type definitions's Association Definitions, which are ordered).
	- if a multiple-value child (cardinality "many") is the label subject *all* the values are concatenated (with a space as separator).
	- These rules are applied recursively. That is labels propagate from child to parent. That's why e.g. the Person Name (composite) label propagates to Person.

> Thanks again for your nice help!

You're welcome :-)

Cheers,
Jörg