[deepamehta-devel] Using the DM search through the REST API

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Sun Mar 15 17:25:21 CET 2015

Dear Jörg,

my Python script for VCARD import is evolving quite well. Recently I do
the search myself but now I would like use the DM search to reduce the
web traffic and memory usage.

I need to search for the person string (firstname lastname) and all
address elements (the full composite) and all of its parts.

Could you send me an example please on how to use the DM search for my
purpose. Lets say I want to check if a person (Martina Mustermann)
already exists. If yes, I want to check if her address equals the
address in my VCARD. If not, I want to update the address, by checking
if the whole address already exists. If not, I want to check if the
elements (partly) already exist. If yes, I want to reuse what ever is
there already.

How can I use the DM search for this purpose?

Thank you very much!

JuergeN