[deepamehta-devel] Question about "org.neo4j.graphdb.NotInTransactionException" when creating TopicType

Malte Reissig mre at deepamehta.de
Fri Sep 12 20:20:18 CEST 2014

Hi Martin, glad you like it.

Somewhere in my commit messages on github may be the hidden secret, you
need to checkout the DeepaMehta 4 sources of the following revision:

> Note:
> .. - Developed with DeepaMehta4 4.4-SNAPSPHOT revision
be77b6391f7f8272a76023f68f728f7234e1e8a1

 My latest dm4-freifunk-api plugin should not even compile with the
current 4.4-SNAPSHOT and that's why I wonder where you got that specific
"dms.createTopic(...)"-statement from. To make it easier I would suggest
to go back the 4.3 stable with our development.

Nonetheless your error message points to a completely different issue
which I did not ran into, we're missing a Transaction around our
CREATE-operation. Please try to wrap the "dms.createTopic()"-call into a
Transaction by using something similar to the following code.

DeepaMehtaTransaction tx = dms.beginTx();
try {
     // do stuff here
     dms.createTopic(....);
     tx.succes();
} catch (Exception) {
     tx.failure()
} finally() {
     tx.finish();
}

And because of your question regarding the use of "Jackson": Since
DeepaMehta 4 already ships with Jettison, I would ditch another JSON
lib, yes. Jettison is pretty straightforward to use and we anyway have
to be parsing the whole API directory very carefully (manually) cause of
its wilderness. Lets get in touch somewhen soon for solving the open
questions regarding how to complete the application model in
dm4-freifunk-api for your queries.

Tomorrow I will update my repo to be compatible with 4.3 and also solve
the TransactionException issue. We can then still upgrade to DM 4.4
later, after its released.

Cheers,
Malte