[deepamehta-devel] custom renderer question

Torsten Ziegler torsten at ziegi.de
Di Sep 3 13:59:54 CEST 2013

Hi Jörg et al,

thanks for the good work on the new 4.1.1 release.

I have one question in regard to custom renderers,
not in the detail panel but on the (left hand) canvas.

Is it still so, that the rendering is done by the
deepamehta-client only without interaction of the
topics or topicmaps except for the icon and custom title field ?
I would like to adjust the rendering of just some topictypes,
so I would prefer to not replace the client completly
to easily stay up with future changes in the deepamehta-client.

Where (in which modules) would I have to look for hooks
or to rewrite code to implement some of the following:
- custon rendering of a topic on the canvas (e.g. no icon, frame around
title)
- custom automatic placement of topics on a special type of topicmap
(triggered by a function call in the topicmaps detail pane)
- custom rendering of mouse menu (right click on topic) for one
topictype to add new functions
- adding custom keyboard shortcuts

thanks,
Torsten