[deepamehta-devel] thumbnails - Re: Release planning - 2 more petitions

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Di Nov 12 20:00:01 CET 2013

Hi Malte,

> > a) Show pictures/thumbnails per instance - e.g. a person (or any other
> > complex topic type) can have a picture. If picture exists, it is shown
> > as a thumbnail on the canvas. Maybe you can use a thumbnail library
> > which also displays thumbnails for various other mime types (PDF, DOC,
> > PNG, etc.)
>
> I think that's a bit much to ask for now ("any complex-type"), mainly
> because I can't even wrap my head around it (with picture you mean
> "File", right?). Maybe to concentrate an in-map "Profile Picture" for
> each "User Account" would be a first step?

Yeah ... it could be, but only if a more general approach would be much
harder. Because if I want to keep my car collection in DeepaMehta I want
to put a picture of every car that I have to each instance and I want to
see the thumbnail on the canvas. ;-)

> And this thumbnail-library
> things sounds a bit like a feature you want for all "File"-Topics, if I
> get you right. Though I find this file content-preview thumbnails of
> limited use in my day-to-day work (for example if compared to sorting
> "Folder contents" to "Last modified").

Yes, exactly, for all files. But if this general approach for all kind
of file types is too difficult, let's just start with thumbnails of
fotos (png and/or jpg). I am pretty sure that a per instance thumbnail
picture of anything on the canvas will make DeepaMehta quite interesting
for very many new use cases. Let's just demo that, please!

Cheers,

JuergeN