[deepamehta-devel] FYI: Declarative Migrations need to be rewritten to be compatible with 4.0.13

Malte Reißig mre at deepamehta.de
Mo Nov 26 15:31:35 CET 2012

On 26.11.2012 15:19, Jörg Richter wrote:

> Hi Malte,
>
> every incompatibility that affects plugin developers is always carefully documented in the commit message. Notes about how to adapt your plugin are included.
>
> Every time you pull in the latest source code: read the recent commit messages!
> Watch out for BREAKING CHANGES header.
> If there is one your plugin might require adaption. If there is none, you're save.

I know you're very carefully with noting this down but because you're so
actively committing lots of stuff, for me the "recent commit messages"
are often nearly towards 100s of messages wich I would have the need to
read and I haven't thought/found about a way how to use "grep "BREAKING"
over all your commit messages locally without "pulling" them before to
my workbench.

maybe working in another branch would allow me to do so, but github.com
sadly, despite its otherwise powerful search-mechanisms, does not allow
me to search just through all commit messages of your repo, thus the
following query does not yield any results:

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Ajri%2Fdeepamehta+%22BREAKING%22&repo=&p=1&type=Everything&l=

I am totally aware of that these are all issues arising just because of
my not really thought-out workflow.

On 26.11.2012 15:19, Jörg Richter wrote:

>> b) initalizePlugin (which danny is also using to fix the ACL-Entries
>> > issue) seems to be unsupported now in a *Plugin Class, is there a
>> > replacement yet?
> Look here:

https://github.com/jri/deepamehta/commit/09bac5ed8316993d4dd111b3272bd45737c3dd6b

And thanks for this pointer, exactly what I was looking for.