[deepamehta-devel] Transfer data from DeepaMehta 2 to DeepaMehta 3

Jörg Richter jri at deepamehta.de
Mi Okt 28 19:06:46 CET 2009

Dear Thorsten "Ziegi",

a while ago you asked weather DeepaMehta 3 will be data-compatible with
DeepaMehta 2. At that time DeepaMehta 3 existed only in planing and
nothing was set. Meanwhile a usable version of DeepaMehta 3 is
available (see http://github.com/jri)

The data format has changed considearble in DeepaMehta 3, also because
it is based on CouchDB/JSON instead of relational tables.

For the moment it is not possible to transfer a DeepaMehta 2 storage to
DeepaMehta 3 without extra development effort. Currently there is a
generic DM3-importer but no generic DM2-exporter yet.

Recently I managed to transfer a specific DeepaMehta 2 customer
installation ("Poemspace") to DeepaMehta 3 by developing a dedicated
DM2-exporter. This exporter might serve you as an example when
developing your own exporter, or even a generic DM2-exporter.
http://github.com/jri/dm2-poemspace-exporter

In the next days/weeks I'll provide documentation about the DM3 storage
format on the GitHub-DM3-Wiki.

Cheers,
Jörg

www.deepamehta.de