[deepamehta-devel] License Files

Urs Lerch mail at ulerch.net
Di Jun 24 12:28:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

Jörg proposed to give the licence files modest different names. A quick
research of well known projects shows the following results:

  project            name of the licence file
  ----------------- ------------------------
  Java (OpenJDK)    LICENSE
  Linux Kernel      COPYING
  GCC               COPYING
  emacs             COPYING
  KDE               COPYING
  Gnome             COPYING
  Gimp              COPYING
  MySql	            COPYING
  Apache            LICENCE
  OpenOffice        in Sourcefiles

In my opinion it is best to do it the way the other do. So my prefered
proposition for the naming of the licence files is:

  A) COPYING
     COPYING-de

Alternate, in respect to Java, I propose:

  B) LICENSE
     LICENSE-de

And, finally, to respect Jörgs wishes, here's my third proposition:

  C) LICENSE.txt
     LICENSE-de.txt

I propose to do it the Apache way: For each possibility every one can
tell if he's positive (+), negative (-) or indifferent (0). And at the
end we take the one with the most agreement.

So my opinion is:

  A) +
  B) 0
  C) 0