[deepamehta-devel] [Feature #3804] Bookmark Recommender

admin at berlios.de admin at berlios.de
Di Okt 23 10:50:59 CEST 2007

Feature Request #3804, was updated on 2007-Oct-23 01:50
You can respond by visiting:
http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?func=detailfeature&feature_id=3804&group_id=5174

Category: None

By: rustintable
Date: 2007-Oct-23 01:50

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=41529
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Linux Mint)

Hi.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in
adding a projected that we at Apphive.com have created
into DeepaMehta .

It is a simple Java application and the code could
probably be easily added into your project.

What it does is simple. It takes your delicious
username and then processes you delicious bookmarks in
order to find those delicious users who have the most
bookmarks in common with you. The program then displays
these other delicious users to you and allows you to
view the rest of each users bookmarks to allow you to
find URLs of interest to you.

If this functionality was added to DeepaMehta in such a
way that links added to a mindmap would be used to find
other links to recommend to you to add to your mindmap
we feel this could be very interesting.

More interestingly though would be if the mind maps of
those users whose bookmarks are recommended where also
merged automatically with your mind map as you make it.
This could be done by putting a link to your mind map
at delicious.

If anyone find this interesting please email me at
justin.gabel at gmail.com